Sikkens Lifetime Warranty
Refinishing a vehicle is a delicate job. The final result depends on both paint products used and the refinishing process.
It is the responsibility of the paint manufacturer to supply products of constant quality, whereas the proper application process is the refinisher’s responsibility.
Sikkens refinishes come with a lifetime warranty, assuring you that we the paint supplier stand behind the quality of the product used to refinish your vehicle.
Refinish with Sikkens paint, the finest automotive paint in the world. The result is a finish you can count on for a lifetime of gleaming perfection. Akzo Nobel guarantees that the paint repairs completed by approved bodyshops are free of material defects and will continue to be guaranteed for the lifetime of the vehicle, excluding solvent-blending clear/single stage urethane, as long as the vehicle is owned by the certificate holder.
The Lifetime Warranty Certificate gives you specific legal rights. The Trade Practices Act and equivalent State legislation may give you additional rights which may not be excluded.
- The Lifetime Warranty Program offered by bodyshops takes effect from the date of repair shown on the certificate and is valid for the lifetime of the vehicle, excluding solvent-blending clear/single stage urethane, while owned by the customer and not used for commercial purposes.
- The Lifetime Warranty Certificate applies to the refinished areas indicated on the certificate and covers the following defects, if they are prominent and extensive and were not apparent at the time the owner accepted the repair:
- Cracking or checking;
- Hazing, chalking or fading leading to a severe loss of gloss;
- Peeling of the topcoat or any layers from the substrate.
- System failures due to pre-existing body rust;
- Deterioration of the finish caused by waxes and detergents not intended for automotive use, acid rain, industrial fallout or other environmental effects;
- Scratches, abrasions or stone chips, whether intentional or accidental;
- Damages caused by another collision.
- Should any of the defects covered by this Lifetime Warranty Certificate become apparent, the certificate holder must take the vehicle to the authorised bodyshop that did the work for settlement. The vehicle must be repaired at the bodyshop named on the certificate, unless the certificate holder has relocated outside of a 150km radius of the bodyshop. In the event of such relocation, the certificate holder must use an approved Sikkens bodyshop for the repair
- Settlements covered by the Lifetime Warranty Certificate do not under any circumstances give the customer the right to delay or suspend payment to the bodyshop. In the event of incomplete or non-payment, the Lifetime Warranty Certificate becomes invalid.
- The Lifetime Warranty Certificate is valid solely for the owner of record when the vehicle was painted and consequently, is not transferable.
We pride ourselves on our amazing sales support. Please contact us
for any assistance you may require.